Melbourne CBD Melbourne Victoria 3000
Melbourne's CBD is a vibrant area of mainly commercial activities with some high rise residential. The main thoroughfare is Swanston Street, which is only used by trams and local traffic between Flinders Street and La Trobe Street. There are many tram services to the city and a free city loop tram service runs along the perimeter of the CBD. Flinders Street Station is the busiest train station in Melbourne. Other train stations include Melbourne Central, Flagstaff, Parliament, and Southern Cross (in the Docklands area).
Cafe, restaurant, and bar precincts include Little Collins Street, Hardware Lane, Flinders Lane, and Little Burke Street. Major department stores and retailers are in Bourke Street Mall, Bourke Street, and Lonsdale Street while Melbourne Central is the main shopping centre.
Chinatown is in Little Bourke Street, between Swanston and Exhibition Streets.
Attractions include Federation Square, the Melbourne Observation Deck, the Block Arcade, Her Majesty's Theatre, Victorian Parliament House, Old Treasury Building, Princess Theatre, Treasury Gardens, the Old Melbourne Gaol, Flagstaff Gardens, St Paul's Cathedral, and Melbourne Town Hall.
Melbourne CBD School & Community Links
- Postal: The postcode of Melbourne CBD is 3000.
- Political Representation:
- Local Council: The Melbourne CBD is located within the City of Melbourne local government area.
- State Government: Melbourne CBD's state district is Melbourne.
- Federal Government: Melbourne CBD's Federal Division is Melbourne.
- Eltham College City Campus
- Stotts College Years 10-12.
See hotels in Melbourne CBD