Financial Help & Crisis Relief Melbourne Victoria
- The 20th Man Fund is dedicated to helping the young and in need throughout Melbourne and runs a number of programs which assist youth in getting back on their feet or rising out of poverty through education and recreation.
- Alternatives to Violence Project AVPQ is a growing community of people who support those actively seeking nonviolent solutions to conflict. Members share experiences, skills, information and their time. It is a multicultural, independent, non-profit association of trained volunteers, offering experiential workshops that help people to change their lives.
- Melbourne Citymission The Homelessness and homeless support service comprises a range of services for those are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Young people between the ages of 12-25 years can access early intervention, crisis accommodation, material aid, casework, outreach, refuge accommodation and support services while Adult & Family Services and the Supported Adult Accommodation Program (SAPP) are available for adults and families.
- Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24-hour telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between five and 18.
- Salvation Army
- St Vincent de Paul Society – VIC branch of the Christian support organisation.
- White Wreath Association Inc. TM Action Against Suicide
Created to bring to the attention of the Australian public, the increasing number of people who suicide in Australia every year. The White Wreath Association was founded in 1999 by Fanita, the mother of a suicide victim. The association will continue to speak out until changes are made. The White Wreath Association is non-political, non-denominational, anti-discriminatory. Suicide affects all walks of life, all cultures and all ages.
- Lifeline’s Just look is a comprehensive online national database of low cost or free health and community services offered throughout Australia. From training skills programs for young people in Cooma to disability services available in Kalgoorlie, Just look provides details of thousands of services and service providers around the country ready to assist you. Wherever you are in Australia, you can get assistance on the net when you need it – Just look.