Hospitals & Medical Services in Melbourne Victoria
- Victoria Health
- Barwon Health is Victoria’s largest regional health service, providing care to more than 450,000 people in Geelong and South Western Victoria. Health services available through Barwon Health cover the full spectrum from emergency and acute to mental heath, primary care, community services, aged care and subacute/rehabilitation. Barwon Health serves a geographically dispersed population through two major sites with 1016 beds and over 21 sites stretching from Geelong to Torquay, Angelsea and Lorne.
- Cedar Court HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital – promoted as at the cutting edge in rehabilitation knowledge and
- Delmont Private Hospital – a leading provider of mental health services.
- Epworth Hospital – accredited by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards, Epworth’s Emergency Department is accredited by the Department of Human Services to accept time-critical medical patients.
- Freemasons Hospital – a non-government, not-for-profit, charitable institution providing a range of inpatient and ambulatory care services.
- Linley Clinic Private Hospital – has a strong focus in plastic surgery but also has an array of other surgical
- Marie Stopes International Australia offers care in family planning and sexual health, offers support and essential information regarding abortion, vasectomy, contraception, STI (STD) check-ups for men and women, and unplanned pregnancy help in a caring and non-judgemental way. See locations in Victoria and around Australia here
- Moreland General Practice is situated at 80 Moreland Rd Brunswick beside the Brunswick Private Hospital. Moreland General Practice was established in December 2011.At Moreland General Practice we have a strong, supportive team of general practitioners, and support staff who work together to deliver quality care with commitment and compassion. Doctors from this clinic offer home visits to regular patients with a genuine need who are too ill or too frail to attend the surgery.
- Peninsula Private Hospital – a 150-bed acute surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility.
- St John of God Hospitals range from large and small private acute hospitals in both metropolitan and rural areas, a psychiatric & drug and alcohol rehabilitation hospital in Victoria and Western Australia – including Ballarat, Bendigo, Berwick, and Geelong
- St. Vincent’s Health owns and manages St. Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, a major teaching, research and tertiary referral centre, Caritas Christi Hospice, Prague House and St. George’s Health Service.
- The Alfred at Prahran – has a focus on specialist, high-tech services including cardiovascular medicine, heart-lung transplant, trauma care, oncology and respiratory medicine.
- The Royal Childrens Hospital – the major specialist paediatric hospital in Victoria.
- Melbourne Health & The Royal Melbourne Hospital – one of Victoria’s leading public teaching hospitals, it provides acute tertiary referral services, aged care, rehabilitation, ambulatory care and residential and community services.
- The Royal Women’s Hospital dedicated to improving the health of women of all ages and
cultures, and newborn babies.
- Western Private Hospital – offers a comprehensive range of expertise including specialist high-dependency nurses, oncology nurses and general medical and surgical nurses.
- Mitcham Private Hospital
- Western Health cares for its community through the combined resources of leading hospitals including Sunshine Hospital, The Williamstown Hospital and Western Hospital. It also manages two specialised health programs – an Aged Care and Rehabilitation Program and a Drug and Alcohol Program.
- Very Special Kids Children’s Hospice: Supporting families caring for children with life-threatening illnesses.
- More Private hospitals in Victoria from Victoria Health.
Medical Organisations and Research Institutions
- The Bionic Ear Institute Cochlear Implant Clinic and other audiological services
- Baker Heart Research Institute is a distinguished cardiovascular research centre and one of the worlds leading organisations investigating the causes and complications, treatment and prevention of heart, stroke and vascular disease.