Seniors’ Sites in Melbourne & Victoria
- Aged Care in Victoria
A Victorian State Government Aged Care Web site where you will find information relating to Aged Care programs, policies and services for both professionals and the public.
- Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is a community organisation with more than 30 years experience serving the multicultural community. We support seniors to live at home for as long as possible, helping them maintain their independence and connect to opportunities.
Our culturally appropriate services are:
• delivered by skilled, knowledgeable and caring staff
• mostly free or low-cost
• available in Victoria, with Home Care Packages also available in other states starting from February 2017.
We care, we support, we empower
This is what we’ve been doing for more than 30 years
- Better Health Channel
The Better Health Channel was established in May 1999 by the Victorian (Australia) Government. Its role is to provide the community with access to online health related information which is quality assured, reliable, up-to-date and locally relevant.
- Carers Victoria
Carers Victoria offers direct services to support carers.
- CO.AS.IT aims to provide culturally appropriate services for Italian migrants and their descendants, to enable them to achieve their full potential in the wider Australian society. Services include aged care, senior citizens clubs, and a home support agency.
- COTA Victoria – Connecting Over 50s Throughout Australia, formerly known as Council on the Ageing, is an independent consumer organisation run by and for senior Australians.
- Equal Opportunity Commission Victoria – can help if you’ve been discriminated against in employment, education and many other areas.
Keenagers is a social and recreational table tennis program for older players in Victoria.
- Office of Senior Victorians
- Meals on Wheels Victoria – Victorian Meals on Wheels Assoc. Inc
- Respite Victoria links you to the 8 regional disability respite websites in Victoria. Each regional website links you to the Respite Service Search (local and statewide), and has specific local information, news and events.
- The Domestic Violence & Incest Resource Centre (DVIRC) a statewide service in Victoria, Australia. DVIRC aims to reduce and prevent family violence by providing education to improve service and policy responses, and by assisting people who have experienced abuse.
- Victorian Seniors Card
- Vicnet A comprehensive list of useful links for seniors
- Hospitals and Medical Services in Melbourne and Victoria