Springtime in Victoria! Father’s Day, Pirates, school holidays, and the AFL Grand Final
September 2018 Events in Melbourne and Victoria
- 2 September (Sunday) 2018 – Father’s Day – (See Father’s Day Gift ideas here or local experience gift vouchers for ideas.)
- 3 September (Monday) 2018 – Australian National Flag Day – The Australian Flag was first raised on this day in 1901.
- 19 September (Wednesday) 2018 – Talk Like a Pirate Day – See the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website for tips on pirate-speak. (If you’re planning an event, click here for Pirate Party Ideas.)
- 21 September (Friday) 2018 – School Term 3 ends in Victorian Schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 28 September (Friday) 2018 – Friday before the AFL Grand Final Public Holiday (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 29 September (Saturday) 2018 – National Police Remembrance Day – Held annually on 29 September, the day provides an opportunity for serving and retired police members, their families and the public to honour the memory of officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
- 29 September (Saturday) 2018 – The 2018 AFL Grand Final at 2.30pm at the MCG.
September Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Workshop On - Dealing with School Parents Who Are Upset, Unreasonable or Aggressive - by andy65
When you work in Education, most of your parents will be a genuine pleasure to work with. But, at times, you will also work with parents or carers...
- Festival: Melbourne Mancave - by Melbourne Mancave
Looking for something different to do with Dad this Fathers Day? Melbourne Mancave brings together everything a modern man cave needs from tools to...
- Harvest Run - by StarttoFinish
The Harvest Run event weekend is a favourite among wine- and cheese-loving runners. With two distances to choose from (5.3K and 13.5K), enjoy all the...
- Sandy Point Half Marathon - by StarttoFinish
When the running gets tough, the tough get motivated. As runners, we may dread winter, but we still tackle tough training in the rain & cold head...
- Art / Film Festival: Melbourne Fringe Festival - by BCL Editor
As an open-access, multi-arts Festival, Melbourne Fringe actively encourages a diversity of artists and audiences to participate in the arts. See...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)