Political Parties in Victoria
- Australian Democrats
- Australian Labor Party – Victorian Branch
- Reason Victoria is a federal political party established to protect the civil rights and liberties of Australians – also a registered state political party in Victoria.
- The Greens – Victorian Branch
- Liberal Party of Australia – Victorian Branch
- National Party of Australia – Victorian Branch
- Secular Party of Australia – Challenging religious privelege
- See Full list of Registered political parties from the Australian Electoral Commission
“Voices For” and Independent Movements in Victoria
Independent grassroots groups aiming to bring more independents into parliament. See current groups in Victoria below.
"Voices of Wannon are citizens from a wide range of backgrounds from across the electorate of Wannon who have become disaffected with party politics. "We expect higher standards from our political leaders. We are committed...
"Democracy in Deakin and Casey provides residents of the Deakin and Casey electorates with a forum to share information and discuss issues. Its main focus is democracy and current affairs at the federal level, but...
W: https://www.voicesofkooyong.com F: @voicesofkooyong T: @VoicesofKooyong See the Wikipedia page for background on Kooyong here
Doing Politics Differently. V4i endorsed Cathy McGowan as an independent candidate for the first time at the 2013 election after an extensive consultation process with the community revealed that a large number of Indi constituents...
A committee of passionate locals encouraging participation in democracy for the people of Nicholls, reflecting the values established by Voices for Indi. Nicholls Electorate: https://aec.gov.au/profiles/vic/nicholls.htm Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Nicholls https://twitter.com/voices4nicholls
Supporting emergence and development of community groups to engage and participate in positive change within our Australian democracy. https://twitter.com/VoicesForAU
"Locals from the Melbourne bayside electorate of Goldstein who want better representation from their MP" Goldstein Electorate: https://aec.gov.au/profiles/vic/goldstein.htm Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Goldstein Website: https://voicesofgoldstein.org.au https://twitter.com/GoldsteinVoices
Voices of Mornington Peninsula is a non-partisan, grassroots organisation working for true representation for our people at all levels of government W: https://www.voicesofmornpen.org.au Flinders Peninsula Electorate: https://www.aec.gov.au/profiles/vic/flinders.htm Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Flinders https://twitter.com/VoicesofMornPen
Lobby Groups, Activist Groups, etc
- Amnesty International Volunteers Site
- Green Left Weekly
- Human Rights Council of Australia
- Independent Dam Safety Monitors – IDSM was formed to raise concerns about the safety issues that relate to dam failure.
- Insurance Reform Campaign
- Keep Left Theatre
- Victorian Council for Civil Liberties
- Maternity Coalition
- Project Respect – An Australian non-government organisation which challenges exploitation of and violence against women in the sex industry.
- Save Albert Park – Aiming to relocate the Grand Prix to a permanent track
- Victorian Skeptics
- Victorian Trades Hall Council
- Victorian Trade Union Choir – A community choir for union members who want to celebrate their commitment to trade unionism and broader social justice principles through song. We sing classic and contemporary Australian and international songs of struggle – for improved working conditions, a living wage and greater social equality.
- Women's Electoral Lobby (WEL)
- Women's Web – Women's Stories, Women's Actions: Site for and about feminist social justice activists
- Yarraville Residents Traffic Group – For residents concerned about the extreme number of trucks using residential streets.
Information, Opinion and Ideas
- australianpolitics.com information and links on politics in Australia
- IMC Indymedia is a collective of independent media organizations and hundreds of journalists offering grassroots, non-corporate coverage of major protests.
- Online Opinion is a not-for-profit e-journal based in Brisbane that aims to provide a forum for public social and political debate about current Australian issues. Each month they publish articles intended to stimulate a public discourse on a range of topics.