Prahran, pronounced Puh-ran or Pran, is 5km from the CBD on the southern side of the Yarra River. It has mainly one and two-storey terrace houses and a public housing estate and community garden on King Street. Prahran has a large gay and lesbian community with many gay nightclubs on Commercial Road.
Chapel Street and Greville Street are the retail, cafe, restaurant, and nightclub areas. There are many tram and bus services in Prahran as well as the Prahran Train Station. Prahran has many heritage registered buildings that are mainly used as offices or shops. Its many parks and gardens include Princes Gardens and Victoria Gardens. Health services include the Victoria House Private Hospital and the Alfred Hospital.
- Prahran is accessible by tram or by train (Prahran station on the Sandringham line)
- Prahran Accommodation available through booking.com
Prahran School & Community Links
- Prahran Market
- Prahran Mechanics' Institute is a community owned and run library specialising in the history of Victoria, Australia.
- The Prahran Football Club
- Prahran Campus Prahran is known as Swinburne's arts campus
- Prahran Mission
- Rotary Club of Prahran
- Prahan is in the City of Stonnington local government area.
- Prahran is in the State District of Prahran.
- Prahran is in the Federal Division of Higgins.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School
- Prahran Community Learning Centre formerly Prahran Neighbourhood House, is a not-for-profit community based organisation which has served the City of Stonnington community since 1979.