Southbank is on the southern side of the Yarra River just across the river from the CBD. Several bridges connect Southbank to the CBD including the Southgate Footbridge and Princes Bridge. The Southbank Promenade is a popular pedestrian route with a diverse range of restaurants and cafes.
Major arts and entertainment venues at Southbank include the Southgate Arts and Leisure Precinct and the Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex, Victorian Arts Centre, Eureka Skydeck, the Malthouse Theatre, and the historic Victoria Barracks. Southbank is also home to the Victorian College of the Arts.
- Hotels and accommodation close to Southbank Promenade available through booking.com
- Hotels and accommodation close to Crown Casino Melbourne available through booking.com
Southbank School & Community Links
- Southbank's postcode is 3006.
- Photos – Sculpture outside Crown Entertainment Complex
- Photos – Victorian Arts Centre Melbourne at night
- BCL photos – ABC Studios, Southbank Boulevard
- Southbank is in the City of Melbourne local government area.
- Southbank is in the State District of Albert Park.
- Southbank is in the Federal Division of Melbourne Ports.
- Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School