Williamstown is a waterfront suburb on Port Phillip Bay, just 8km south-west of Melbourne CBD where the Yarra River enters the bay. It was Melbourne’s first port, established in 1837. The historic Nelson Place now contains some excellent waterfront restaurants and cafes with views of the foreshore and beyond to the city skyline.
- Williamstown Visitor Information Centre
- HMAS Castlemaine World War 2 Minesweeper
- City of Hobsons Bay Council includes Altona North, Brooklyn, Laverton and Williamstown. See the site for local information and community services, and their local profile of Williamstown
- The Hobsons Bay Community Arts Centre, known as ‘The Substation’, is a high profile community project in the inner west of Melbourne. The building itself is an imposing brick structure located within Newport village.
Williamstown Serviced Offices
- see Williamstown offices on the West Melbourne Serviced Offices page