Glen Innes is a highland town in the heart of the New England Region of New South Wales on the New England Highway and the Gwydir Highway. Glen Innes is famous for its Celtic heritage and Celtic Festival. It is also the gateway to sapphire country and the Fossicker's Way.
Glen Innes activities and attractions include
- Australian Celtic Festival
- Glen Innes Standing Stones
- Gourmet in the Glen / New England Wine Show
- Land of the Beardies Festival – Includes a beard competition.
- Land of the Beardies History House Museum and Research Centre
- Minerama is NSW's largest gem show, held annually on the 2nd weekend in March. Guided fossicking field trips, gem and mineral specimens, lapidary tools and supplies, gem cutting, plus free advice from gemmologists, dealers, lapidaries, and jewellers.
- TAFE / Universities: New England Institute of TAFE – Glen Innes Campus
- Glen Innes Bowling Club