The Hunter Valley extends from Murrurundi in the north to Cessnock in the south. The southern regions of this area are 2 to 3 hours drive from Sydney.
The Hunter Region is well known for historical towns, wine regions and attractive rural landscapes. This region offers a diverse range of landscapes from the mountainous wilderness of the Barrington Tops National Park to the sub-tropical coastal regions of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Weekend escapes and winery tours are just two of the region’s tourist attractions. There are over 100 wineries in this area and its proximity to Sydney makes it popular with local tourists.
- Barrington Tops
- Muswellbrook and Upper Hunter
Hunter Valley Wines
- A Little Luxury Gifts, Customisable Baskets and Hampers includes Hunter Valley wines in some gifts and you can include a bottle with any gift.
Hunter Region Activities
- Feast of the Olive
- Festival of Flowers – is held annually at the Hunter Valley Gardens in Pokolbin.
- Music in the Hunter Chamber Music Festival – annual chamber music festival
- SteamFest in Maitland. Be sure not to miss the hiss, toot and chug of Australia’s premier festival of steam. This festival is dedicated to steam engines.