The New England Region is an inland district in northern New South Wales, situated at the top of the Great Dividing Range. It has a mild alpine climate and four distinct seasons, creating the autumn colours this region is celebrated for. The landscape is generally rural tablelands, interspersed with large granite boulders. There are spectacular gorges and World Heritage listed New England National Park in the eastern part of the region. New England produces world-class fine merino wool as well as beef and cool climate wines.
The New England Highway runs from Queensland down through Tenterfield, Glen Innes, Armidale, Tamworth, Muswellbrook to meet the Pacific Highway at Hexham. It is part of a popular inland route from Brisbane to Sydney.
New England Accommodation
Follow the links above to each town for accommodation listings and online bookings.
New England Activities and Attractions
- New England Regional Art Museum
- Australian Celtic Festival in Glen Innes.
- Autumn Festival in Armidale.
- Golden Grain Cotton Festival in Moree
- Gourmet in the Glen / New England Wine Show
- New England Wool Expo in Armidale.
- Nosh on the Namoi – Gourmet food, wine and music festival in Narrabri.
- Nundle Go For Gold Festival
- Minerama 2nd weekend in March.
- Moree Multicultural Festival
- Moree on a Plate
- Oracles of the Bush bush poetry, music, and art festival in Tenterfield.
- Tamworth Country Music Festival