Tamworth is on the New England Highway, in the New England Region of New South Wales. It is the host town of the Tamworth Country Music Festival, an annual event recognizing success in the country music genre.
Tamworth Activities & Events
- Tamworth Country Music Festival
- The Big Golden Guitar Tourist Centre – Tourist centre dedicated to country music.
- Nundle Woollen Mill – Wool milling displays, yarn and hand-knitted clothes for sale
Tamworth School & Community Links
- Postcode: 2340
- Local Council:
- Local Schools:
- TAFE / Universities: New England Institute of TAFE – Tamworth Campus
- Community Links:
- Tamworth Bands – Information on the history of music in Tamworth between 1960 and 1990.