Science Groups and Links in Western Australia
- Astronomical Society of Western Australia – Aims to bring astronomy within reach of the public and to provide a forum for amateur astronomers. The society holds monthly meetings and has a telescope loan scheme. The group is located in Perth, but membership is open to people from all over the world.
- Astronomy WA – Aims to promote astronomy in WA and provide useful resources for teachers, students, and others, professional or amateur, with an interest in the field.
- The Australian Society for Microbiology Western Australian Branch – A non-profit organisation dedicated to the advancement of the science of microbiology in Australia.
- Mandurah Wildflower Group – A non-profit organisation dedicated to the preservation and cultivation of wildflowers and native plants.
- Science Network Western Australia – Developed by Scitech (Western Australia’s Science Centre) and the Western Australian Government. The network aims to raise the profile of science in WA. The site is designed to be useful for scientists, educators, students, researchers, media and interested members of the public and provides news, events, industry profiles, career opportunities and more.
- Science Teachers Association of Western Australia – Aims to promote science and science teaching in WA. The site has information for students and teachers.
- Undecieving Ourselves – The Western Australian skeptics group hold regular meetings in Shenton Park.
- Western Australian Marine Science Institution – The institution aims to engage researchers to enable the state to develop and protect the marine environment in WA, particularly the Ningaloo Marine Park.
Science Centres and Observatories in Western Australia
- Gravity Discovery Centre The Gravity Discovery Centre is a highly respected science education and tourism facility in WA, and the only science centre with a focus on Cosmology, Astronomy and Physics. This unique facility provides exciting science experiences for families, children, students and tourists.
- The Gingin Observatory – Military Rd, Gingin. a privately owned Astronomy small business, next door to the Gravity Discovery Centre. The Gravity Discovery is open during the day time and the Gingin Observatory is open to the public and schools at night and for Solar Events during the day.
- Perth Obervatory – Was entered on the State’s Heritage Register in 2005. Walnut Rd, Bickley.
- Scitech Discovery Centre – Sutherland St, West Perth.
- SymbioticA – A laboratory within the School of Anatomy and Human Biology at The University of Western Australia. The centre hosts residents, runs workshops, produces exhibitions and organises symposiums.