Victims of Crime Perth & WA
- 1800RESPECT – National counselling helpline, information and support 24/7 – Are you experiencing sexual assault or domestic and family violence? Seeking to support someone who is? We can help. Phone 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit www.1800RESPECT.org.au. For more information about a service in your state or local area download the DAISY App in the App Store or Google Play.
- Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia – Legal aid services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Alternatives to Violence Project AVP is a growing community of people who support those actively seeking nonviolent solutions to conflict. Members share experiences, skills, information and their time. It is a multicultural, independent, non-profit association of trained volunteers, offering experiential workshops that help people to change their lives.
- Another Closet: Domestic Violence in Gay and Lesbian Relationships – Information source for victims of domestic violence.
- ASCA – Advocates for Survivors of Child Abuse is a national not-for-profit organisation of survivors supporting other survivors.
- Crime Stoppers WA – Phone 1800 333 000. If you need police to attend an address or you need immediate police assistance DO NOT PHONE CRIME STOPPERS. In an emergency dial 000.
- Department of the Attorney General – Offers support services for victims of crime
- Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24-hour telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between five and 18.
- Legal Aid Western Australia – Legal aid services and information.
- Let’s Face It – Based on the film The Man Who Stole My Mother’s Face, deals with issues surrounding sexual assault.
- Relationships Australia – Provides trauma and crisis services, as well as counselling and support
- Violence Against Women Australia Says No provides information for young people, parents and the community on identifying and avoiding abusive and violent relationships and where to find help.
- Western Australia Police
- When Love Hurts – Provides contacts for various support and information services.
- Youth Legal Service – Free legal services for young people and Community Legal Education.
Other sites of Interest
- There are also a number of other free Legal Services in Perth.
- Further support can be found on the Perth Support Group Page.