Volunteering in Perth & Western Australia
Volunteers are always needed and it is a quick way to make friends.
- Cancer Council Western Australia – Volunteer.
- Citizen Advocacy Perth West – A program which aims to recognise, promote and defend the rights and interests of people with intellectual disability. It does so by finding and supporting ordinary, caring, responsible citizens who are prepared voluntarily to make a positive difference in the life of a person with an intellectual disability, who has no family and therefore may be vulnerable, be facing difficult challenges or be at risk.
- Equal Health was founded in 1999 to provide free multi-disciplinary health services to people in need in developing countries who would generally not have access to such care.
- Kalgoorlie Boulder Volunteer Centre
- Perth Observatory Volunteer Group Inc. – Need people to help with open days, displays, managing the library and more.
- Perth Zoo – Require volunteers over the age of 18 to provide informal talks about animals, assist with directions and more.
- Remida Creative Reuse Centre – The centre collects off cuts for industry and makes them available to the community for a small membership fee. They also provide workshops that encourage looking at waste as a valuable resource. The centre needs volunteers for administrative tasks, grant and article writing and creative input.
- Rotaract Club of Subiaco – Rotaract is a non-profit, non-political, international volunteer service organisation of students and young professionals aged between 18 and 30. Our club is fun and active and currently on the lookout for new motivated members!
- The Rotaract Club of South Perth – Part of the worldwide Rotaract organisation. It’s a community organisation for 18-30 year olds aiming to develop the leadership, make friends, provide community service and work towards world peace.
- The School Volunteer Program The School Volunteer Program is a charity organisation matching up Volunteer Mentors with WA students that need a little bit of extra help academically, socially or emotionally
- Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc – Have volunteering opportunities in Aged Care Services for community visitors, bus drivers, day centre assistants, office & care facilities in various locations, metro and suburbs.
- Volunteering Western Australia Volunteering WA is the peak body for all things volunteering in Western Australia. The organisation has more than 450 member organisations and around 1,200 listed agencies. The organisation brings together community volunteers and organisations seeking volunteer support.
- Volunteer Task Force – assisting aged people, and people with disabilities, who want to remain living in their homes but need assistance performing some of the tasks of daily living like gardening, home maintenance, cleaning and shopping..
- Wanneroo Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade