September is Springtime in Australia and which means wildflower festivals and tours in Western Australia. There’s also Father’s Day, pirates and the Perth Royal Show.
September 2018 Events in Perth and Western Australia
- 2 September (Sunday) 2018 – Father’s Day – (See Father’s Day Gift ideas here or local experience gift vouchers for ideas.)
- 3 September (Monday) 2018 – Australian National Flag Day – The Australian Flag was first raised on this day in 1901.
- 19 September (Wednesday) 2018 – Talk Like a Pirate Day – See the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website for tips on pirate-speak. (If you’re planning an event, click here for Pirate Party Ideas.)
- 21 September (Friday) 2018 – Term 3 ends WA schools – (See Australian school holiday dates.)
- 24 September (Monday) 2018 – Queens Birthday Public Holiday (See AU school and public holiday dates.) Non-metropolitan local authorities may celebrate the Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday on an alternative date.
- 22 to 29 September 2018 – Perth Royal Show
- 29 September (Saturday) 2018 – National Police Remembrance Day – Held annually on 29 September, the day provides an opportunity for serving and retired police members, their families and the public to honour the memory of officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
September Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Art Exhibition: Sep 28-Oct 14: Tresillian Arts Centre Student and Tutor Exhibition - by groover
Image: http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net/images/edpborder500/I0-001/041/210/449-4.jpeg_/tresillian-arts-centre-student-and-tut-49.jpeg Diversity...
- Until Sep 12: Deadline extended for student poets - by groover
Image: http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net/images/edpborder500/I0-001/041/047/945-5.jpeg_/roland-leach-poetry-prize-45.jpeg The deadline for the...
- History: Blacksmith Blast at the South West Rail and Heritage Centre - by annichap
Totally undaunted by the recent unexpected electricity outages, we are pleased to report that the Blacksmith Blast will power on on Sunday,...
- Theatre: Sep 27-Oct 13: Romeo and Juliet Limelight Theatre - by groover
Image: http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net/images/edpborder500/I0-001/041/022/846-2.jpeg_/romeo-and-juliet-46.jpeg TWO star-crossed lovers come...
- Theatre: Sep 14-29: Bank on laughs in frenetic farce Cash On Delivery Melville Theatre - by groover
Image: http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net/images/edpborder500/I0-001/040/919/019-0.jpeg_/cash-delivery-19.jpeg MISTAKEN identities, slamming...
- The Night Zoo - by JMSPR
The Night Zoo Jamie lives in a concrete jungle - a fast paced, busy city. From her apartment window, the only natural things she can see are the...
- History: Paying Tribute to the Animals at War at ANZAC Cottage - by annichap
At our Open Day on Sunday September 9, from 1pm to 4pm, the Friends of ANZAC Cottage invite you to join with us as we pay tribute to the animals, big...
- Festival: September - Kings Park Wildflower Festival - by BCL Perth
Kings Park Wildflower Festival (http://www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/events/kings-park-festival) An annual month-long event including native wildflower...
- Show / Expo: Perth Royal Show - by BCL Perth
Perth Royal Show (http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/) Claremont Showground is in the western suburbs of Perth, close to the CBD and Fremantle,...