Bundaberg, a picturesque coastal town famous for its sugar production and Bundaberg rum, is approximately 385 km north (4 hours drive) of Brisbane. Bundaberg is on the Burnett River.
Hervey Bay and Fraser Island are popular tourist destinations. The Great Barrier Reef starts just north of Bundaberg at Lady Elliot and Lady Musgrave Islands.
Bundaberg and surrounding towns such as Childers are popular with backpackers who earn money fruit and vegetable picking on local farms. You can travel north from Bundaberg to Town of 1770 and Gladstone .
- Hotels in Bundaberg available through booking.com
- The postcode of Bundaberg is 4670
- Latitude: 24 52′ S (Decimal Degrees -24.866)
- Longitude: 152 21′ E (Decimal Degrees 152.349)
- Burnett Shire Council
- Bundaberg News-Mail local news
- Bundaberg Rum Distillery
- Bundaberg Sugar
- Bundaberg Arts Centre
- Greyhound Australia offer Coach Transport throughout Queensland. Check the website for prices and online bookings.
- The Hinkler Hall of Aviation celebrates pioneer solo aviator Bert Hinkler and the wonders of innovation, spirit and adventure. Set in the tropical surrounds of the Bundaberg Botanic Gardens, this attraction includes an exhibition hall with multi-media exhibits, a flight simulator, the Globe Theatre', five aircraft and the historic Hinkler House.
- Bundaberg Players has a 60 year cultural history in the Bundaberg area and is one of three venues in Bundaberg equipped with stage and auditorium facilities. From our own premises, The Playhouse, we stage at least five productions every year.
- Qantas operate flights to Bundaberg
- Sugarland Shoppingtown
- Lady Musgrave Cruises provide cruises from Bundaberg and the Town of 1770 to Musgrave Island
- Government tourism information site for the Bundaberg region
- Tourism Queensland