Hervey Bay is often referred to as the whale watching capital of the world, with its impressive annual whale watching season from August to November. The Hervey Bay Whale Festival is held in August. Hervey Bay is 300km north of Brisbane (3 1/2 hours drive, 34 minutes flight) just north of Maryborough. Hervey Bay is also the access to Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world and Lady Elliot Island, the southern-most point of the Great Barrier Reef.
Hervey Bay Accommodation
- Hervey Bay accommodation, resorts, hotels, motels and hostels
Hervey Bay Whale Watching
Hervey Bay whale watching season from August to November.
See Hervey Bay whale watching cruises for details and bookings.
Hervey Bay School & Community Links
- Postcode: 4655
- Hervey Bay Whale Festival
- Community Links: Hervey Bay Regional Gallery
- Local Council: Hervey Bay City Council
- Regional Council: Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Local Schools