Moranbah is a Queensland coal mining town, established in 1969, on the Peak Downs Highway, 150 km south-west of Mackay on the way to Clermont. As well as its permanent population, Moranbah also has a large population of FIFO (fly-in-fly-out) miners.
Moranbah Airport is just south of Moranbah along Goonyella Road.
House prices and rents in Moranbah have been pushed up by the mining boom.
Moranbah School & Community Links
- Moranbah East State School
- Moranbah State School
- Moranbah State High School
- Isaac Regional Council
- Moranbah Airport (IATA: MOV, ICAO: YMRB)
- Moranbah Rotary Club
- Moranbah Community Workers Club
- Moranbah Scout Group
- About Moranbah from the Queensland Places website
- Moranbah Hawks Junior Soccer Club
- Moranbah RCCC Inc. currently races 1/8th Buggies, Truggies & Short Course Trucks at their Race track.