The Barossa Valley, SA The Barossa Valley is one of the most prominent wine-producing areas in Australia. The Valley is 40 kilometres long and between 5-11 kilometres wide and is a popular tourist destination.
The Barossa Vintage Festival is an annual event, attracting visitors from around the world. Towns in the Barossa Valley include Tanunda, Angaston, Nuriootpa, Rowland Flat, Williamstown and Lyndoch.
Barossa Accommodation & Tours
- Accommodation in Tanunda (from booking.com) in the heart of the Barossa Valley region.
- Accommodation in Rowland Flat (from booking.com) Rowland Flat is best known for its vineyards and wineries.
- Accommodation in Angaston (from booking.com)
- Accommodation in Lyndoch (from booking.com) Lyndoch is on the Barossa Valley Highway between Gawler and Tanunda, and just 58 km northeast of Adelaide
- Tours and Activities in the Barossa Valley
Barossa School & Community Links & Information
- Local Council: The Barossa Council
- Angaston Show – annual show features shearing, dog fly ball racing, sheep dog exhibitions, log chopping, a tractor pull, Ag Bureau display and more.
- Country Arts government site listing cultural events and festivals for regional South Australia.