Noosa, on the northern section of the Sunshine Coast, is about 1 hour and 40 minutes drive north of Brisbane and includes Noosaville, Noosa Junction, Tewantin, Sunshine Beach, Sunrise and the Hinterland.
Main Beach is a protected north facing beach, popular with tourists and locals enjoying surf lessons, long-boarding, swimming and sun-baking. There are many who saunter straight from the surf onto the main street, Hastings St.
Well known for its fashionable restaurants, bars and boutiques, Hastings has just undergone a facelift in order to be more pedestrian friendly.
At the other end of Hastings St is the Noosa National Park. It can be accessed by a boardwalk from Main Beach and has bushwalking trails, some of which lead to more beaches or views.
Noosa Things To Do
Noosa School & Community Links
- Postcode – 4565, 4566, 4567
- Local Council – Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Local Schools –
- Noosa Community Radio Station 101.3 FM – Situated in the Community Centre (The J).
- Noosa Farmers Market – Held every Sunday at the football ground on Weyba Rd.
- Noosa Heads Surf Life Saving Club – 69 Hastings St, Noosa Heads.
- Noosa Long Weekend is held each June and includes literature, arts, and food events.
- Permaculture Noosa formed to encourage and promote permaculture within the Noosa area of the Sunshine Coast.
- The Junction Youth & Community Centre – Also known as ‘the J.’ Noosa Dr, Noosa Junction
- Noosa Library – Wallace Park, Wallace Dr, Noosaville. Visit Sunshine Coast Libraries