Volunteers are always needed and it is a quick way to make friends. See also community groups.
- Amnesty International NSW
- Bicycle NSW – Needs volunteers to assist with events.
- Friends of STARTTS (FOS) – An Australian registered charity that supports the work of STARTTS (Services for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors).
- Friends of the Gardens – Part of the Botanic Gardens Trust.
- Hunter Volunteer Centre – Online resource centre for people interested in volunteering.
- Jessie Street National Women’s Library – A specialist library that collects, preserves, and promotes the awareness of the literary and cultural heritage of Australian women. The library is run by volunteers.
- Make a Difference – A charity set up to provide support for children and their families who are experiencing severe poverty, or trauma or other difficulty in Sydney.
- The Pyjama Foundation to empower children in foster care and spread a love of literacy and numeracy free of charge. Volunteers known as Pyjama Angels spend an hour a week matched with a child in care reading books aloud and playing educational games. The Pyjama Foundation also has a resource library in every region we operate where volunteers can borrow books, games and resources to take to the children each week. The program currently operates throughout Queensland and New South Wales.
- The Centre for Volunteering – Aims to connect people and organisations through referral, training, resource development, information and education services.
- SPARK (St Vincent de Paul Society Assisting Refugee Kids) – provides curriculum, social and cultural support to newly arrived refugee children and their families through selected primary schools in Regents Park, Auburn, Wentworthville, Parramatta, Pendle Hill, Granville and Girraween.
- Startts – NSW service for the treatment and rehabilitation of torture and trauma survivors. Volunteer and help refugee and asylum seekers build new lives in Australia.
- Variety NSW – The Children’s Charity depends on the generosity and goodwill of people who devote their time and energies to helping children in the Australian Community. There are many ways you can help, see the website for more.