Parramatta, 24kms from central Sydney and just 6kms from Sydney Olympic Park, is the site of some of Australia’s oldest buildings. Old Government House in Parramatta Park is Australia’s oldest surviving public building. The name Parramatta comes from an Aboriginal name meaning the place where eels lie down.
Events and activities
- The Riverside Theatre at Parramatta is a multi-venue performing arts and entertainment centre.
- The postcode of Parramatta is 2150
- Parramatta City Council
- Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club
- Parramatta Historical Society was formed in 1913 and is Australia’s second oldest
- Parramatta Mission
- Parramatta Eagles Soccer Academy
- Tennis in Parramatta
- The University of Western Sydney has a campus at Parramatta
- Parramatta Toastmasters Club
- Friends of Old Government House
- Local Schools: