City of Ryde Sydney NSW
The City of Ryde, approximately 12kms from Sydney CBD, occupies most of the land between the Parramatta and Lane Cove rivers. Suburbs include: Denistone, Denistone East, Denistone West, East Ryde, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, Meadowbank, North Ryde, Putney, Ryde ,Tennyson Point, West Ryde and parts of Chatswood West (also part of Willoughby), Eastwood (Hornsby), Gladesville (Hunters Hill), and Melrose Park (Parramatta).
The Granny Smith Festival one of Sydney’s largest street festivals, held at Eastwood in the City of Ryde in October each year, celebrates the life and legacy of one of the district’s most famous citizens, Maria Ann Smith – aka Granny Smith – who, back in 1868, ‘accidentally’ grew the first batch of little green apples that bear her name and are now grown all over the world.
Ryde – Activities and Things to do
- Interest groups and clubs in Sydney & NSW
- See our What’s On in Sydney event calendar and Sydney and NSW courses calendar.
Ryde School & Community Links
- The postcode of the suburb of Ryde is 2112
- Local council: City of Ryde
- Ryde District Historical Society Inc