Winter is approaching in May and it’s time to get a bit cerebral at the Sydney Writers Festival. Mother’s Day is on the second Sunday in May.
May 2018 Events in Sydney and New South Wales
- Australian Office Professionals Day – Visit our Secretary’s Day page for gift ideas.
- International Composting Awareness Week Australia (ICAW), is a week of activities, events and publicity to improve awareness about the importance of this valuable organic resource and to promote compost use, knowledge and products. We can compost to help scrap carbon pollution by avoiding landfilling organic materials and helping to build healthier soils.
- 13 May (Sunday) 2018 – Mothers Day Second Sunday in May. See Mother’s Day gifts and gift ideas Australia
- Trees for Mum – free national event offers motherless children a way to remember their mum, and celebrate the beauty of life, by planting a tree in her honour. Go to the website for more information.
- Mothers Day Classic – An annual fun run which aims to raise money for breast cancer research. Proceeds will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- 26 May (Saturday) 2018 – Sorry Day held on the 26 May each year.
May Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Theatre: Faulty Towers The Dining Experience @ Hunter Valley Resort in May 2019 - by audamin
Officially the worlds longest running and most successful tribute to the BBCs famous sitcom, this Australian original has made its international...
- Food & Wine Festival: Upper Hunter Wine and Food Affair - by BCL Sydney
Ogilvie Street, the main street of Denman, is transformed for the day with over 40 stalls featuring gourmet food from some of the top restaurants...
- Art / Film Festival: Sydney Comedy Festival - by BCL Sydney
*April to May* Sydney Comedy Festival Each year the festival opens with the always popular Cracker Night Showcase Gala, the biggest comedy show in...
- Writers Festival: Sydney Writers Festival - by BCL Sydney
Sydney Writers’ Festival's main precinct is at Walsh Bay. Events are also held at venues throughout the city, and in suburban Sydney and regional...