The weather is getting warmer and the days are longer. We put the clocks forward for Daylight Saving / Summertime on the first Sunday in October.
October 2018 in Sydney & NSW
- 1 October (Monday) 2018 – Labour Day – Public Holiday in New South Wales. (See AU Public Holidays.) In NSW Labour Day is observed on the first Monday of October each year.
- 7 October (Sunday) 2018 – Daylight saving begins 2.00 am – put your clocks forward 1 hour. See time zones for more information.
- 15 October (Monday) 2018 – NSW School Term 4 begins – (See Australian school holiday dates.)
- 10 October – National Firefighters Remembrance Day held each year on the 10th day of the 10th month
- 20 October (Saturday) – Wentworth By-election
- 31 October (Wednesday) 2018 – Halloween – (Having a Halloween party? For party products, ideas and costumes see ThemesForParties.com.au, and for shopping see our BCL Halloween shopping page.)
- All October – Ocsober – A fundraising program that challenges Australians to cut out alcohol for the month of October.
October Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Eden Whale Festival - by BCL Sydney
28 to 30 October, 2015 The Eden Whale Festival will be held at Snug Cove in Eden over a weekend in October / November each year. There’ll be...
- Art / Film Festival: Sculpture by the Sea - Bondi - by BCL Sydney
20 October to 6 November 2016 Australia Sculpture by the Sea event at Bondi. Over 100 contemporary artworks by international sculptors on the...