Theatres and Shows in Sydney
- Arts Theatre Cronulla
- The Australian Ballet
- Bankstown Theatrical Society aims to present quality entertainment to the community at affordable prices. The Society produces four shows per year. The productions are performed at three different venues: The Bankstown Town Hall Auditorium, The Bankstown Town Hall Theatre and The Olympic Parade Theatre
- The Basement Nightclub
- Belvoir Street Theatre see the site for shows and other events.
- Carriageworks is a multi-venue centre focused on the creation and presentation of contemporary art and culture. There are large flexible theatre spaces, gallery and exhibition spaces, rehearsal rooms and a scenery workshop. CarriageWorks is a working hub for practitioners and audiences of the small to medium arts sector.
- City Recital Hall Angel Place. This finely tuned recital hall with a capacity of 1238 seats is an internationally important, purpose-built venue for the performance of all kinds of musical performance. The hall has been designed for quality of
sound, to enhance enjoyment of audiences, soloists, chamber ensembles, chamber orchestras, contemporary bands, popular musicians and the spoken word.
- Darlinghurst Theatre is a not-for-profit independent theatre company with a mandate to present fresh and vibrant professional independent theatre with a focus on new Australian and international work. Acting classes offered.
- Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli
- The Frontier Touring Company
- Glen Street Theatre, Belrose
- Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre – “the Joan” at Penrith
- Katoomba Theatre Company
- Lane Cove Dramatic Society
- NTT Productions is a regional theatre company based in the Hawkesbury and Penrith area. We specialise in comedies, delving into both the musical and non-musical realms. We strive to bring the highest quality theatre to Sydney's west
at an affordable price.
- Metro Theatre
- Paramatta Riverside Theatres
- Seymour Centre In 1966 Sydney businessman Everest York Seymour left a significant bequest for ‘…the construction of a building to serve as a centre for the cultivation, education and performance of musical and dramatic arts…'. The University of Sydney became the trustee of this bequest, and the Seymour Centre was opened in 1975.
- Shire Music Theatre (formerly The Sutherland Shire Light Opera Company) has a long history in the Shire – 30 years to be exact. 2004 marked our 30th year in Community Theatre. Each year we produce between 3 to 4 musical productions.
- State Theatre
- Sydney Comedy Store
- Sydney Entertainment Centre
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Theatre Company Australia's pre-eminent theatre company producing the highest standard of drama
- University of New South Wales Theatrical Society (NUTS)
- Wildfire Theatre Company – produces exciting shows for adult and HSC audiences.
- Woodstock Players
a local community theatre group delivering a high standard of theatre –
classics, mysteries, farce, comedies, musical theatre, cabaret and
cutting-edge drama – to the local Burwood community and many
visitors from all over Sydney and further afield.