Bacchus Marsh is approximately 50 km west of Melbourne – half-way between Melbourne and Ballarat on the Western Highway. The main road into the town is The Avenue of Honour, lined by hundreds of elm, oaks and plane trees planted to honour those who served during World War One.
Bacchus Marsh is a market garden town, popular for recreational ‘pick-your-own' fruit picking.
Nearby attractions include Werribee Gorge State Park.
Bacchus Marsh School & Community Links & Information
- Postcode: 3340
- Bacchus Marsh is on the Melbourne to Ballarat rail line.
- Local Council: Moorabool Shire Council
- Bacchus Marsh Primary School
- Darley Primary School
- Bacchus Marsh Tourism Association
- Bacchus Marsh Harvest Festival is held on the third Sunday in March each year
- Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS) serves the fast growing metropolitan population of Melton and Moorabool. DjHS operates from a number of facilities, these include Bacchus Marsh & Melton Regional Hospital, Melton Health, Grant Lodge, Melton Community Health Centre, Bacchus Marsh Community Health Centre, Caroline Springs Community Health Centre