Bendigo is the geographic centre of Victoria and approximately 150 kilometres (93 mi) north-west of Melbourne.
Bendigo had the richest goldfields in the world in the 1880s and has a rich history from the Australian gold rushes. The production of gold began in the mid-nineteenth century and continued for a hundred years.
The Bendigo Easter Festival attracts tens of thousands of tourists to the city over the Easter long weekend each year. Attractions include parades, exhibitions and a street carnival.
- Accommodation in Bendigo available through booking.com
Bendigo School & Community Links & Information
- Postcode: 3550
- Local Council: City of Greater Bendigo
- Bendigo North Primary School
- Bendigo Senior Secondary College
- Bendigo Art Gallery
- City of Greater Bendigo Local government
- Bendigo Tourism has maps of the CBD and region
- Bendigo Easter Festival
- Bendigo Chinese Association Golden Dragon Museum.
- Bendigo Wine
- Bendigo Mining
- Wikipedia page about Bendigo