Geelong is Victoria’s largest provincial city. It is a major centre for the production of wool, and is situated on the picturesque Corio Bay. Geelong is the gateway to the Great Ocean Road on Victoria’s southern coast. Geelong is approx 1 hour drive from Melbourne – see map
Geelong Things to See & Do
- Tours from Melbourne to Geelong book online with Viator
Geelong School & Community Links & Information
- Postcode: 3220
- Local Council: Geelong Australia
- Schools and Colleges:
- Department of Education Victoria
- Geelong Week Dubbed the Melbourne Cup of sailing, Skandia Geelong Week, goes above and beyond sailing, with seriously fast racing, a gala-like atmosphere and an abundance of waterfront activities and entertainment.
- viclink public transport in regional Victoria
- Geelong Art Gallery
- Pako Festa annual, multi-cultural festival bringing together many ethnic cultures in a street party atmosphere.
- Geelong Highland Gathering annual Celtic festivities, foods and dancing and traditional caber or haggis tossing!
- The National Celtic Festival annual event at Portarlington, Bellarine Peninsula
- BCL Melbourne Events in Melbourne and Victoria