Albany, on King George Sound, on the south coast of Western Australia, is 420km south of Perth. The Noongar Aboriginal people of the Mineng group lived by Albany’s sheltered waters for thousands of years before Albany became the first established European settlement in Western Australia.
Albany has a long fishing and whaling history.
Albany Tours and Activities
Albany School, Community & Information Links
- Down South Festival is held on the second weekend in November each year. The festival includes music, song, dance, poetry & dynamic arts.
- The Albany Gateway site has a community calendar and local information.
- Amazing Albany tourist information site.
- Albany Community Radio – 100.9FM. The station is non-profit and run by volunteers.
- Albany Historical Society
- Albany Regional Family History Society Inc – Genealogical research and family history.
- Bibbulmun Track– The track stretches nearly 1000kms from Kalamunda to Albany.