Fremantle, or Freo, is about 25kms south of Perth. The town is located at the mouth of the Swan River and is Western Australia's major commercial port.
There are many historical sites in town including the Fremantle prison which was built in the 1850's, Round House, which is thought to be Fremantle's oldest remaining building, and the West Australian Maritime Museum at Victoria Quay.
Fremantle has a rich culture in the arts. There are many festivals held throughout the year including the Street Arts Festival, which attracts local, national, and international street performers and buskers over the Easter long weekend.
From Fremantle, Rottnest Island is a 30 minute ferry ride. The island is protected and is known for its marsupial inhabitants, quokkas. Rottnest is a popular diving area due to surrounding reefs and shipwrecks.
- Accommodation in East Fremantle available through booking.com
- Accommodation in Fremantle available through booking.com
- Accommodation in North Fremantle available through booking.com
Fremantle Tours and Activities
- See tours, experiences and activities in Fremantle.
Fremantle School, Community & Information Links
- Local Council: City of Fremantle
- Schools and Universities –
- Fremantle Arts Centre
- Fremantle Festival
- Fremantle Football Club (AFL)
- Freo Focus.
- Fremantle Markets
- Fremantle Ports
- Western Australian Maritime Museum