- Honest History promotes balanced consideration of Australian history, by making contesting, evidence-based interpretations available to students, teachers, universities, journalists and the public. Honest History challenges the misuse of history in the service of political or other agendas.
- Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations Inc
- Australian GenWeb Project
- Australian Institute of Genealogical Studies Inc
- Australian Lebanese Historical Society Inc
- Australian National University Noel Butlin Archives Centre – See Family History for how to find information on the employment history of ancestors.
- Australian Society for the Study of Labour History
- Australian Society of Archivists
- Australian War Memorial searchable databases, including names of individuals on the Roll of Honour, Commemorative Roll, and Nominal Rolls, information on those who received honours or awards while on active service, digitised case files of Australian personnel reported missing or wounded during World War One, and details of AMF prisoners of war and missing personnel from operations in the Far East and South West Pacific Islands.
- Collections Australia Network Australian cultural heritage collections online.
- Convictions Australian Shipping information on Australian shipping 1788-1968, including arrivals, departures, shipwrecks, passengers, and crew.
- Convicts Australia database of convict information, including convict names, Old Bailey Court records, ship names, pardons, and absconders, as well as links to other sites featuring convict records.
- Descendants of Convicts Group Inc
- Descendants of WW2 and Post WW2 Association Inc
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies
- History Australia includes the Internet Family History Association of Australia (IFHAA).
- Military Historical Society of Australia
- National Archives of Australia – See Fact Sheets about immigration and citizenship.
- National Library of Australia – See Genealogy and Historical Resources Guides
- Office of Australian War Graves
- Oral History Association of Australia
- Picture Australia search for and purchase Australian archival and historical prints, pictures, photographs, and posters.
- Register of Australian Archives and Manuscripts
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- The New Varangian Guard Inc. (NVG Inc) is a historical re-enactment organisation with branches throughout Australia, and sister organisations in several other countries.
- World War Two Nominal Roll searchable database of information on the Australian men and women who served in World War Two.
National Genealogy and History Groups
Stories matter. Your story matters.
Electronic publishing gives you the freedom to write and publish any length you want, in manageable chunks, and extending your work with lots of other things besides – like images and links.
WordPress is a great way to publish your story, essays, memoirs or family history and manage who gets to read, contribute and comment. This course shows you how. More here …