Visit the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets on Thursdays 5-10pm and Sundays 4-9 pm. The Mindil Beach Sunset Market run from the last Thursday in April until the last Thursday in October.
May 2018 Events in Darwin and The Northern Territory
- 7 May (Monday) 2018 – May Day Public Holiday first Monday in May. (See AU school holiday dates.)
- Australian Office Professionals Day – Visit our Secretary’s Day page for gift ideas.
- International Composting Awareness Week Australia (ICAW), is a week of activities, events and publicity to improve awareness about the importance of this valuable organic resource and to promote compost use, knowledge and products. We can compost to help scrap carbon pollution by avoiding landfilling organic materials and helping to build healthier soils.
- 13 May (Sunday) 2018 – Mothers Day Second Sunday in May. See Mother’s Day gifts and gift ideas Australia
- Trees for Mum – free national event offers motherless children a way to remember their mum, and celebrate the beauty of life, by planting a tree in her honour. Go to the website for more information.
- National Volunteer Week – An opportunity to highlight the role of volunteers in our communities and to say thank you to the more than 5 million Australians who volunteer (see volunteer groups in Darwin & NT).
- 26 May (Saturday) 2018 – Sorry Day held on the 26 May each year.
May Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Music Festival: Bass in the Grass - by BCL Editor
BASSINTHEGRASS Music Festival is held in May each year in Darwins George Brown Botanic Gardens, Darwin Amphitheatre. Experience Darwins most...
- Writers Festival: Word Storm Writers Festival - ALICE SPRINGS - by BCL Editor
Eye of the Storm Festival of New Australian Writing, Culture & Ideas http://ntwriters.com.au/
- Market: Mindil Beach Sunset Market, Darwin - Thursdays & Sundays - by BCL Darwin
On any given Thursday & Sunday throughout the dry season market patrons can enjoy the tastes of five continents, with over 1200 different menu items,...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)