August is Ekka time in Brisbane! It’s also whale-watching season and Children’s Book Week.
August Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 10 to 19 August 2018 – The Ekka – The Royal Queensland Show at RNA Showgrounds.
- 13 August (Monday) 2018 – Ekka Show Holiday in Surrounding Regions – in Logan City, City of Redland, Lockyer Valley Region, Moreton Bay Region, Scenic Rim Region, Somerset Region, Shire of Balonne, Toowoomba Region (that part of the former Rosalie Shire including the areas of Yarraman, Upper Yarraman & Cooyar areas), South Burnett Region, North Burnett Region (Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto and Mount Perry Areas), Bundaberg Region (within the postcode of 4671), Goondiwindi Region (for that area covered by the former Shire of Inglewood within the boundaries of the parishes of Wyemo, Beebo, Texas, Silverspur, Arcot, Gunyan, Bonshaw, Maiden Head, Aitkin’s Flat & the town of Texas). See the official government site for verification
- 15 August (Wednesday) 2018 – Ekka Show Day Holiday Brisbane (People’s Day) – Public holiday in City of Brisbane only.
- 18 to 24 August 2018 – CBCA Children’s Book Week – Celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. The 2018 Book Week theme is Find Your Treasure (see our BCL page on Book Week).
August Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Show / Expo: Townsville careers expo 2018 - by interchange
Townsville Careers Expo Monday 6th August 2018 10am - 1.30pm and 4pm - 7pm Townsville Stadium, Murray Sports Complex Admission is FREE! The...
August Whalewatching & Sightseeing Tours