December is the first month of Queensland's hot summer. Queensland does not use daylight saving (summertime) which is probably a good thing given the skin cancer rate. The whole state remains on Eastern Standard time all year round.
Year 10 and 12 students have finished school for the year, other students begin summer holidays in mid-December. December's events are dominated by Christmas and New Year celebrations.
December 2022 School & Public Holidays Queensland
- 9 December (Friday) 2022 – Last day of School Year for Brisbane and Qld schools (see AU school holidays)
- 24 December (Saturday) 2022 – Christmas Eve Public holiday from 6pm
- 25 December (Sunday) 2022 – Christmas Day – Public Holiday. (See AU school and public holiday dates.)
- 26 December (Monday) 2022 – Boxing Day – Public Holiday (See AU school and public holiday dates.)
- 28 December (Tuesday) 2022 – Public Holiday. From Christmas Day 2011, the Holidays Act 1983 provides for an extra public holiday to be added when Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year’s Day falls on a weekend.
December What's On Brisbane & Queensland
Each month we open our organic herb plant nursery to the public for our monthly open weekends. We have plenty of organic herb plants for sale as well as a range of fruit trees and...
The World Soil Day campaign aims to connect people with soils and raise awareness on their critical importance in our lives. The International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS), in 2002, made a resolution proposing the...