December is the first month of Queensland’s hot summer. Queensland does not use daylight saving (summertime) which is probably a good thing given the skin cancer rate. The whole state remains on Eastern Standard time all year round.
Year 10 and 12 students have finished school for the year, other students begin summer holidays in mid-December. December’s events are dominated by Christmas and New Year celebrations.
December 2018 in Brisbane and Queensland
- 3 December (Monday) 2018 – International Day of People with Disability – Aims to promote an understanding of people with a disability and encourage support for their dignity, rights and well-being.
- 5 December (Wednesday) 2018 – International Volunteer Day is celebrated on December 5th each year to thank volunteers for their efforts and increase public awareness on their contribution to society
- 10 December – International Human Rights Day is celebrated on 10th December each year.
- 14 December (Friday) 2018 – Last day of School Year for Brisbane and Qld schools (see AU school holidays)
- 25 December (Tuesday) 2018 – Christmas Day – Public Holiday. (See AU school and public holiday dates.)
- 26 December (Wednesday) 2018 – Boxing Day (See AU school and public holiday dates.)
- 31 December (Monday) 2018 – New Years Eve
December Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Fair / Fete: Christmas in Cooroy - by Firefly
This is a fun, FREE event for people of all ages! Free rides, free entertainment, and a multitude of stalls throughout the festival. Come along and...
- Theatre: Faulty Towers The Dining Experience at The Brisbane Golf Club, 7 Dec 2018 - by audamin
This made-in-Australia globetrotting show is truly quite legendary, selling out in places like Sydney Opera House, Raffles Singapore and Londons...
Move on to next January events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)