Hmmm… Oktoberfest and Ocsober in the same month. Maybe that’s not such a bad idea. Southern states change their clocks which causes the usual inconveniences between South-east Queensland and New South Wales.
October 2018 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- National Organic Week Australia (NOW) is 10 days of activities designed to increase awareness of the benefits of organic products and farming production systems and accelerate the uptake of these in the wider Australian community and environment.
- 1 October (Monday) 2018 – Queen’s Birthday – Public Holiday (see AU school and public holiday dates).
- 7 October (Sunday) 2018 – Daylight saving begins 2.00 am in southern states – NOT Queensland. See time zones for more information.
- 8 October (Monday) 2018 – QLD School Term 4 begins – (Australian school holiday dates.)
- 10 October – National Firefighters Remembrance Day held each year on the 10th day of the 10th month
- 13 & 14 October 2018 – Brisbane Open House is a free-of-charge event, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to discover the architecture, engineering and history in buildings and places around Brisbane city. Held annually in conjunction with World Architecture Day, selected buildings are opened for the public with guided and self-guided tours to encourage them to explore, re-examine and engage with Brisbane’s built environment.See the website for details of buildings, public talks, children’s program, photography competition and inaugural Art in Design Exhibition
- 22 October (Monday) 2018 – Student Free / Staff Development Day in Queensland state schools – (See Queensland school holiday dates.)
- 31 October (Wednesday) 2018 – Halloween – (Having a Halloween party? For party products, ideas and costumes see ThemesForParties.com.au, and for shopping see our BCL Halloween page.)
- All October – Ocsober – A fundraising program that challenges Australians to cut out alcohol for the month of October.
October Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: The Great Noosa Trail Walk - by Firefly
The Great Noosa Trail Walk is an annual 3-day journey through the natural and cultural landscape of the Noosa hinterland known as Noosa Country. ...
- Marathon / Fun Run / Walk: Sandgate Sunset Run - by BCL Editor
Sandgate Sunset Run Fundraising will help provide practical assistance for local families affected by breast cancer. ...
- Art Exhibition: Brisbane Open House - by BCL Editor
Brisbane Open House is a free-of-charge event, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to discover the architecture, engineering and...
- Awareness Days / Weeks / Months: National Walk to Work Day - by BCL Editor
National Walk to Work Day is an annual event which helps employers and employees to build regular walking into their daily routine. ...
Move on to November events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)