June brings the beginning of winter and the shortest day of the year.
June 2019 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- Queensland Week – Celebrates the State's people and places. The week derived from the celebration of Queensland Day, held annually on 6 June to commemorate the day Queensland separated from the colony of New South Wales.
- 5 June – World Environment Day – Commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.
- 20 June (Thursday) 2019 – UN World Refugee Day is held each year on the 20 June to recognise and celebrate the contribution refugees make around the world.
- 28 June (Friday) 2019 – Last day of Term 2 for Queensland State Schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
June Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Theatre: Confetti & Chaos - at Brisbane Golf Club - 21 June 2019 - by auadmin
This is the worst wedding reception youll ever go to and everyone is invited! A 5-star dining experience with fun and mayhem bursting from the...