June brings the beginning of winter and the shortest day of the year.
June 2018 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- Queensland Week – Celebrates the State’s people and places. The week derived from the celebration of Queensland Day, held annually on 6 June to commemorate the day Queensland separated from the colony of New South Wales.
- 5 June – World Environment Day – Commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.
- 20 June (Wednesday) 2018 – UN World Refugee Day is held each year on the 20 June to recognise and celebrate the contribution refugees make around the world.
- 29 June (Friday) 2018 – Last day of Term 2 for Queensland State Schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
June Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Information: Free Health Information Session Keeping Your Skin Healthy - June 7 - by Aspley Mem Bowls Club
*This free information session is open to members and non-members. * Did you know that the average persons skin weighs four kilos, has a surface...
- Information: Growing and Propagating Orchids with Doug Weller - June 1 - by Aspley Mem Bowls Club
Come along to hear club member, Doug Weller, talk about how he makes his prize-winning orchids grow and flower, the conditions they need,...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)