January is midsummer in Queensland – hot, often wet – this is the storm season. Schools are on summer holiday until the end of the month.
January 2019 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 1 January (Tuesday) 2019 – New Years Day (Public Holiday)
- Music by the Sea Festival at Sandgate
- Ginger Flower and Food Festival at The Ginger Factory, Yandina
- 26 January (Saturday) 2019 – Australia Day / Invasion Day – Public Holiday.
- 28 January (Monday) 2019 – Public Holiday (as 26 January falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is the public holiday)
- 29 January (Tuesday) 2019 – School Term 1 begins in Queensland schools – (see AU school holiday dates) (Teachers start previous Thursday)
- Brisbane Laneway Festival at Brisbane Showgrounds
January Events from the forumThese events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Sport Event: KFC BBL|08 Match 20: Melbourne Star v Sydney Thunder - by matthewslodgey
Dont miss Melbourne Stars bring the party to the Gold Coast as they take on Sydney Thunder at the Metricon Stadium on Saturday 5 January. Catch...