January is midsummer in Queensland – hot, often wet – this is the storm season. Schools are on summer holiday until the end of the month.
January 2018 Events in Brisbane and Queensland
- 1 January (Monday) 2018 – New Years Day (Public Holiday) – it’s a long weekend!
- Music by the Sea Festival at Sandgate
- Ginger Flower and Food Festival at The Ginger Factory, Yandina
- 22 January (Monday) 2018 – School Term 1 begins in Queensland schools – (see AU school holiday dates) (Teachers start previous Thursday)
- 26 January (Friday) 2018 – Australia Day / Invasion Day – Public Holiday. Australia Day is a public holiday around Australia. It commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788. As such, the day means different things to different people. The official Australia Day Council website has details of events all around Australia, a “toolkit” to help you organise events, teaching resources and other information. Themes For Parties.com.au has Australia Day party ideas and costumes.
- Brisbane Laneway Festival at Brisbane Showgrounds
January Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)
Move on to February events
January Tours and Experiences
(see lots more in our tour and experience section)