January is summer holiday time in Sydney and NSW, beginning with a public holiday for New Year’s Day and another public holiday for Australia Day. School holidays continue until late January.
Major events include the Sydney Festival which incorporates film, theatre, dance and music and takes place in laneways and venues around Sydney and Australia Day events on the 26th January. You’ll also find all sorts of school holiday events at major venues like Darling Harbour, the Rocks, and the Entertainment Quarter at Moore Park a well as through the outer suburbs of Sydney.
Regional events in January each year include such diverse events as the Elvis festival at Parkes, the Illawarra Folk Festival in the Illawara region and the Guyra Lamb & Potato Festival and Tamworth Country Music Festival in the New England region of NSW
January 2014 Events in Sydney and New South Wales
- 1 January (Wednesday) 2014 – New Years Day (Public Holiday)
- 26 January (Sunday) 2014 – Australia Day – Public Holiday. see Themes 4 Parties for
Australia Day party ideas and costumes).
- 27 January (Monday) 2014 – Public Holiday for Australia Day
- 28 January (Tuesday) 2014 – School Term 1 begins in New South Wales schools (see AU school holiday dates) This is a pupil free day, students start on the following day.
January Events from the forum
- Australia Day 26 January - Public Holiday & Australia Day events - by BCL Sydney
Australia Day is a public holiday around Australia. It commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788. As such, the day means...
- Music Festival: New England - Tamworth Country Music Festival - by BCL Sydney
Tamworth Country Music Festival - 17 to 26 January 2014 get the official guide at http://www.tamworthcountrymusic.com.au/ Tamworth...
- Festival: Sydney Shakespeare Festival - by BCL Sydney
Sydney Shakespeare Festival 2014 dates to be confirmed see more at http://www.sydneyshakespearefestival.com.au/
Move on to February events
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)