Celebrate the end of winter with chocolate and books – what a way to spend August in Tasmania!
August 2018 in Hobart and Tasmania
- 12 August (Sunday) 2018 – Chocolate Winterfest is Latrobe’s wickedly delicious festival celebrating all things chocolate as you escape from the bleakness of winter. Be indulged by events individually or successively as you immerse in this chocolate experience. Latrobe is on the central northern coast of Tasmania, just 8 km south-east of Devonport on the Bass Highway.
- 18 to 24 August 2018 – CBCA Children’s Book Week – Celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. The 2018 Book Week theme is Find Your Treasure (see our BCL page on Book Week).
August Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Concert: Tea for Two with Allegri Ensemble on August 19th - by Lilu
Allegri Ensemble Chamber Choir, directed by Andrew Bainbridge, invites you to enjoy our next concert, Tea for Two. Set in the beautiful Hobart...
- 7th Hobart Winter Gamesfest - by hobartgamessociety
Hobart Games Society's seventh annual wintertime weekend-long games extravaganza in 2017 is on *5-6 August*. Following on from our usual First Friday...
- Food & Wine Festival: Chocolate Winterfest - by BCL Hobart
Chocolate Winterfest is Latrobe's wickedly delicious festival celebrating all things chocolate as you escape from the bleakness of winter. Be...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)