July is mid-winter in Tasmania.
July 2019 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- 5 July (Friday) 2019 – School Term 2 ends in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 22 July (Monday) 2019 – School Term 3 begins in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 28 July (Sunday) 2019 – National Tree Day – Community tree planting event organised by Planet Ark. To get involved or find your nearest site, check the website. Friday 26 July 2019 is Schools Tree Day
July Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Music Festival: Devonport Jazz Festival - by BCL Editor
Devonport Jazz is an annual music festival in the City of Devonport on Tasmania's northwest coast. Featuring artists from interstate as well as...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)