July is mid-winter in Tasmania.
July 2018 Events in Hobart and Tasmania
- NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, culture and achievements and is an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- 6 July (Friday) 2018 – School Term 2 ends in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 23 July (Monday) 2018 – School Term 3 begins in Tasmanian schools – (See AU school holiday dates.)
- 29 July 2018 (Sunday) – National Tree Day – Community tree planting event organised by Planet Ark. To get involved or find your nearest site, check the website. Friday 27 July 2018 is Schools Tree Day
July Events from the forum
These events are in the order that they have been posted - not in date order.
- Concert: Allegri Ensemble presents, VIGIL July 9th 2017 - by Lilu
*Allegri Ensemble, directed by Andrew Bainbridge presents,* *VIGIL* *SUNDAY 9 JULY 8:00PM ST. DAVIDS CATHEDRAL 23 Murray St, Hobart* ...
- NAIDOC Week - by BCL Editor
5 to 12 July 2015 NAIDOC Week is held in the first full week of July. It is a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history,...
- Music Festival: Devonport Jazz Festival - by BCL Editor
28, 29, 30 & 31 July, 2016 Devonport Jazz is an annual music festival in the City of Devonport on Tasmania's northwest coast. Featuring artists...
Post your events of the forum to appear above (here’s how)